我的名字叫何塞菲娜.埃德文。
My name's Josefina Edwin.
与你们所熟知的吸血鬼不太一样,我是一半的吸血鬼。
Unlike the vampires you know, I am half of them.
因为我在转化的那一天,喝到的第一个人的血来自于一个喝过解药的吸血鬼。
Because on the day of transformation, the first blood I drank came from a vampire who had drunk antidote.
真是造化弄人。
It's a trick of nature.
所以我变成了一个新物种——半天使。
So I turned to one new species——half angel.
这名字可真好听,但是,也正如名字所说,我的能力是正常吸血鬼的一半。
What a beautiful name ,but as the name ,my ability is half that of a normal vampire.
这也就意味着我在一百岁的时候才能勉强打得过一只五十岁的吸血鬼。
That means I can barely fight a 50 year old vampire at the age of 100.
我出生于1929年的中国吉林,自从我记事起,我整天听到的就是日本今天又占领了中国多少寸土地。
I was born in 1929 in Jilin, China. Since I remember, what I have heard is how many inches of land Japan has occupied in China today.
虽然我的家庭在当地还算不错,和一些高管有着不错的往来,但我依旧对即将发生的一切感到非常恐惧和不安。
Although my family is good in the local area and has good contacts with some executives, I still feel very scared and uneasy about what is going to happen.
直到我在一次晚宴上碰到了一个外国人。
Until I met a man at a dinner party.
他的名字叫做加勒特.埃德文。
His name is Garrett Edwin.
我觉得他身上的气质非常与众不同,像是有着什么东西吸引着我,总是让我不能自已地看向他那里。
I think his temperament is very different. It seems that something attracts me and always makes me look at him.
他是美国来的官员,他对那个未知的国度有着深度的理解。
He is an official from the United States. He has a deep understanding of the unknown country.
那一晚,我和他坐在花园里,他给我讲美国的新奥尔良,那是一片充满挑战的土地,特殊的规则在那里演绎,那里的人们非常与众不同。
That night, I sat in the garden with him, and he told me about New Orleans, a challenging land, where special rules are played, where people are very different.
在屋子里的军官商议如何进行对策时,我问他:为什么要打仗。
When the officer in the room was discussing how to deal with it, I asked him: why should we fight.
还记得他用一种很特别的眼神看着我。
I remember he looked at me with a very special look.
“你可真特别。”
"You are so special."